Teens (ages 11-16)
The adolescent and teen years can be an overwhelming time. A healthy, beautiful smile can ensure your teen’s short-term and long-term dental health while also improving their self-image and overall confidence. Since earlier treatments also tend to work faster, it’s ideal to have any issues dealt with as soon as possible.
Seeing an orthodontist can help your teen:
- Avoid more complex, lengthy, and expensive treatment options later in life such as jaw surgery
- Avoid extraction of permanent teeth
- Improve oral hygiene, reducing the risk of more serious health issues later in life, such as gum, and heart disease.
Providing your teen with a beautiful smile and the gift of confidence is something they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. In a study* published in the American Journal of Orthodontics, participants showed that after receiving treatment with braces, they:
- Gained more self-esteem and confidence
- Felt Happier
- Were less anxious
- Giving your teen the gift of confidence is something they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Increased levels of self-confidence are directly linked to improved grades, relationships and social development, and career success.
Orthodontists receive three years of additional education and training beyond general dentists and are considered specialists in their field. Orthodontists are specifically trained to diagnose, prevent and treat dental and facial irregularities. At Havasu Orthodontics we can help your teen experience the wide range of benefits associated with orthodontic treatment, from boosting confidence and self-esteem to improving oral health and reducing the risk of future complications.
* American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Volume 135, Issue 5, Pages 580-585, May 2009